This postgraduate programme allows students an opportunity to fully explore the complex body of knowledge related to computer science and its application. It develops knowledge at the forefront of computing, as well as intellectual ability for abstract analysis and synthesis at the level of postgraduate research.
It produces graduates who can make reasoned, critical decisions for selecting or implementing appropriate computer-based solutions. Upon completion students have the required technical and interpersonal skills to make an immediate contribution to major projects at the leading edge of computer applications.
The MSc in Computing is suited for professionals and recent graduates, typically with a computing background, who want to broaden and deepen their technical skills, while also allowing the opportunity for the curious to pursue new endeavours into theoretical computing or interdisciplinary research. There are excellent opportunities to engage in practical learning in cooperation with an outstanding group of lecturers and guest speakers.
Earn an internationally recognized postgraduate degree while gaining the confidence and newfound knowledge to ensure that your lifelong journey in computing will continue to its full and creative potential.
The MSc is available in two formats: a standard format that runs over two years and an intensive format that can be completed in 12-15 months.
Opportunity & Inspiration
- A cooperative learning environment where you practice and embed the critical working skills of negotiation and project management.
- A team project assignment using advanced academic research, building on all the technical and academic resources of our school, our faculty members and your own networks is one of the most rewarding outputs from the programme.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge is developed in key areas of the contemporary computing environment, while encouraging open enquiry into new visions and technologies.
- The opportunity to publish best work in our CRIS Bulletin can provide invaluable international and industry recognition.
- Our excellent lecturers and guest speakers on the programme, as well as professionals from our highly regarded Master Speaker Series, are available to further your enquiry into the latest topics in computing.
A postgraduate student enjoys the challenge of working in a demanding and rapidly changing environment of new technologies. As a successful MSc graduate, you will have developed the intellectual ability for complex analysis, as well as mastered an advanced level of technical and interpersonal skills to meet the high expectations of the best employers in the field
Some of our outstanding students and alumni on this degree include:
- Michele Nuovo
Michele, originally from Rome, graduated from Prague College with a first class honours degree in Computing in 2013, and went on to complete his Master's degree in 2014. During that year he participated in the ExpoTees showcase in the UK and at the Mendix competition in Rotterdam.
What you study
The programme explores contemporary issues in areas of research in computing and modern technologies. It meets the demands of a rapidly changing environment for new technologies through research, practice and a high level of academic enquiry. The modules below advance students' technical knowledge, whilst providing the research skills required to complete, deliver and evaluate a major computing project. Below details the topics covered*:
- Information Technology Systems Management
- Object Oriented Programming
- Systems Administration & Security
- Emerging Database Technologies
- Research Methods for Computing
- Mobile Systems & Cybersecurity
- Masters Project: Computing
*Subject to Approval
1. Previous education
- a British Honours degree, first or second class, in a computing subject with good programming and software design skills;
- or equivalent qualifications, for example applicants with appropriate professional experience.
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- Versant language exam - score equivalent to 6.0 IELTS
- If the applicant has completed a Bachelors programme entirely in English this requirement may not apply
3. Letter of motivation (500 words) describing career and personal motivation.
4. Professional and academic references
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Final Interview
Tuition & Payment
This programme takes three semesters to complete. It is possible to complete the programme in 12 months by making use of the summer semester; however most Master’s candidates typically complete in 18 months.
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Successful scholarship winners can have from 5% up to 40% of their tuition covered for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.