School of Media & IT
The school embraces two distinct areas of study united by technology: computing and IT, and media and communications.
In our Computing
programmes, we take an innovative and interactive approach at Bachelor's level to
- network infrastructure and cybersecurity
- artificial intelligence
- website applications (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, node.JS)
- 3D computer graphics and game creation (3ds Max, Unity)
- multimedia application development (VVVV, Arduino, SVG, HTML canvas, p5.js, Sonic Pi)
- relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
This approach has helped us to develop into one of the most progressive faculties in the country. Students have worked on programming and 3D visualization for projects such as the Underground City XXI project, an EU-funded programme which brought Prague College together with teams from Austria, Croatia, and France to develop a 3D virtual platform for real-time collaboration. We were key organizers of the Secrets of Ciphers Conference on Cryptography and have produced many outstanding projects, dissertations, publications and workshops.
Our Creative Media Production programme is a progressive and contemporary degree that offers students all the knowledge and skills required to be original creators of innovative digital media content across a fast developing range of media platforms and covers
- an in-depth understanding of the digital media landscape
- innovative storytelling and content creation
- video production and post production skills
- advanced technical skills for new formats and platforms
- documentary production
- marketing and identity
- professional development
- industry-driven project briefs
Additionally, our faculty is frequently supplemented by guest lecturers and participants from the Master Speaker series who are highly respected in the professional worlds of IT, journalism, film making and other media, and project management.
Join us for a postgraduate MSc Computing degree, or one of the following undergraduate degrees: BSc (Hons) Computing or BA (Hons) Creative Media Production.
In addition to the programmes above, we now offer a special Blended Learning Programme leading to the BSc (Hons) Computing degree, specially designed for working professionals. Or, if you are looking to simply develop your skills in a specific area related to IT and Computing, try one of our various professional diplomas.