Information for September 2020 Applicants
All programmes for new students will be running in September 2020.
We are pleased to say that face-to-face teaching will begin when the semester starts on September 29, given that it remains in accordance with Czech Government and health regulations at that time.
Life in Prague is returning to normal, as most measures that were implemented by the Czech Government in response to the global pandemic have already been lifted, thanks to their effectiveness in limiting the spread within the country.
The information below provides more guidance on how we plan to start teaching in September. We appreciate that you may have further questions you'd like to discuss with us personally, in which case please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com, to arrange a call with us.
For Applicants considering September 2020 admission: What you need to know
- We are opening the September semester with face-to-face teaching, given that it remains in accordance with Czech Government and health regulations at that time.
- You should expect that some of your learning will be face-to-face and some will be in the Digital Campus, where a fully immersive and interactive delivery will augment face-to-face teaching.
- Students who experience a delay with visa applications and/or if travel restrictions that prevent their arrival to Prague from their home countries in time for the start of the semester on September 29th will be welcomed into their programme with participation ensured by full delivery of classes in the Digital Campus. These students will have opportunities to engage with their classmates in Prague and when they arrive at the College at a later date, they will join their classmates in person and take part in the face-to-face part of the learning experience.
- In the event national health measures in the coming academic year require a temporary reduction or suspension of face-to-face teaching, then we can assure you that we are prepared to run classes in the Digital Campus as long as may be necessary.
At Prague College we are one community.
The Digital Campus is an extension of our physical campus. In the case that some students are not able to arrive in Prague for the September start, the Digital Campus will be used to bring all our students together in classes and through college events, wherever they happen to reside in the world. Students who are able to start their studies in person in September, should expect some use of the Digital Campus. This will vary on a programme by programme basis.
What happens if I apply to Prague College now?
All new students who are accepted onto their chosen programme for September 2020 admission can start their studies in September as planned.
Classes begin on 29 September 2020 with Welcome Week taking place the week before, full of activities to help you settle into Prague College life.
The next steps are:
- Decide if you want to apply and which programme is the best fit for you. Our admissions advisors will work with you every step of the way with email and video calls, and our lecturers will do the same during the interview process.
- Complete your online application which we send to you, including uploading all the required documents
- Successfully pass the final interview with the Programme Leader of your chosen programme on Zoom or Skype.
- Accept your Offer to Study
- Confirm your place at Prague College!
Examination Results and Confirming your place
We are aware that examinations are being cancelled in some countries, and we are committed to working with students in these circumstances to ensure that admission and visa requirements can be met.
All our Admission Deadlines can be found here: Admission Deadlines
We will work with students on an individual basis to determine if an extension can be permitted.
Prague College During The Restrictions
The Prague College Community has shown great resilience and energy in ensuring that a university education is a part of life that will not be undermined by this global emergency.
We have been successful in running classes in all programmes as we stay on top of global events. On March 11th, Prague College was the first local university to launch its Digital Campus as schools and universities closed across the country.
There was no interruption to teaching and classes continue to run efficiently online, thanks to our outstanding lecturers, staff and students.
We hope this information is useful, provides reassurance and clarification on Prague College's actions during these unprecedented times.
In the meantime, stay healthy, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!