Professional Diploma in Web Design and Development
This programme is perfect for those who have always wanted to create their own websites, design websites for others, or are responsible for working with website designers and developers. The programme teaches students the technical skills they need in order to design and build websites or work in the field of web design or web development.
Students come from all academic backgrounds, and it is not necessary to have previously studied IT or design in order to complete the programme. Graduates are looking to develop their careers either as part of larger organizations, or as freelancers and entrepreneurs.
Features of the Programme
- A practically oriented professional diploma in web design awarded by Prague College
- The programme is an excellent CV builder; fast and direct training in web design
- Flexible modes of study with the working professional in mind
- Interesting and relevant modules from across the IT programme, focused on web design
- Internationally recognized, UK-accredited modules that can be extended to a full Higher National Diploma or BSc
- Practical training that makes a difference on the job
- Possible to offer as corporate training for employees and staff
What you study
Applicants interested in the Professional Diploma should follow four modules ; applicants looking for deeper knowledge should pursue the Advanced Professional Diploma and follow six modules. Thus, the programme runs over two or three semesters.
For the Professional Diploma: two modules in semester 1 and two in semester 2.
Students may choose to study some modules in the late afternoon or evenings, or at the weekend. The availability of modules in these formats changes every semester, but the timetable for the coming semester is always posted in advance so that you can plan your time.
- Website Design
- Data Analysis & Design
- Web Applications Development
- General Computing Pathway
Plus: one of the following (Professional Diploma) or three of the following (Advanced Professional Diploma)
- Procedural Programming
- Business Skills for eCommerce
- Programming in Java
1. For entry to the programme, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
BA or higher qualification in any area
- or at least 24 years old
- or at least 3 years of work experience in a relevant field
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- ELSA score of at least 340, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 59 or IELTS score of at least 5.5
3. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.