Professional Diploma in Programming and Coding
Get programming and coding skills and jump into the one of the hottest job markets quickly. The huge variety of applications functioning under different operating systems and using a host of different computer-based devices, raises the need for skilled software developers. Developers must master a number of programming languages and at the same time understand their work in the broader context of information system services.
This programme provides students with the background needed for correct problem analysis and algorithmization. It helps them to develop advanced programming skills using popular development environments based on Java, C++ or C#. The classes are focused on practical exercises, using real-life examples and delivering executable applications.
Features of the programme
- A practically oriented professional diploma in programming and coding awarded by Prague College
- The programme is an excellent CV builder; fast and direct training in programming and coding
- Flexible modes of study with the working professional in mind
- Interesting and relevant modules from across the IT programme, focused on programming and coding
- Internationally recognized, UK-accredited modules that can be extended to a full Higher National Diploma or BSc
- Practical training that makes a difference on the job
- Possible to offer as corporate training for employees and staff
What you study
Applicants interested in the Professional Diploma should follow four modules ; applicants looking for deeper knowledge should pursue the Advanced Professional Diploma and follow six modules. Thus, the programme runs over two or three semesters.
For the Professional Diploma: two modules in semester 1 and two in semester 2.
Students may choose to study some modules in the late afternoon or evenings, or at the weekend. The availability of modules in these formats changes every semester, but the timetable for the coming semester is always posted in advance so that you can plan your time.
- Data Structures & Algorithms
Plus: three of the following (Professional Diploma) or five of the following (Advanced Professional Diploma)
- Procedural Programming
- Object-oriented Programming
- Programming in Java
- Mathematics for Software Development
- Systems Analysis & Design
- General Computing Pathway
1. For entry to the programme, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
BA or higher qualification in any area
- or at least 24 years old
- or at least 3 years of work experience in a relevant field
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- ELSA score of at least 340, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 59 or IELTS score of at least 5.5
3. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.