Professional Diploma in Information Systems Design and Administration
Developing and managing an information system in any kind of institution requires more than advanced administration skills; it is also the ability to analyse needs and the environment and deep understanding of system design processes. This should be accompanied by a solid grounding in user requirements evaluation.
The result is well thought-out systems architecture design, supported by the ability to suggest suitable testing and documentation processes.
Those who would like to work in teams and provide wider range expertise rather than build specialized software development skills would benefit from this demanding and multidisciplinary programme, which is focused on implementation of IS in real-life environments.
Features of the programme
A practically oriented professional diploma awarded by Prague College
The programme is an excellent CV builder; fast and direct training for a new job in IT
Flexible modes of study with the working professional in mind
Interesting and relevant modules from across the IT programme focused on data and info systems
Internationally recognized, UK-accredited modules that can be extended to a full Higher National Diploma or BSc
Practical training that makes a difference in the workplace
Possible to offer as corporate training for employees and staff
What you study
Applicants interested in the Professional Diploma should follow four modules; applicants looking for deeper knowledge should pursue the Advanced Professional Diploma and follow six modules. Thus, the programme runs over two or three semesters.
For the Professional Diploma: two modules in semester 1 and two in semester 2.
For the Advanced Professional Diploma: two modules for each of three semesters or three modules for each of two semesters.
Students may choose to study some modules in the late afternoon or evenings, or at the weekend. The availability of modules in these formats changes every semester, but the timetable for the coming semester is always posted in advance so that you can plan your time.
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Information Systems in Organisations
Plus: one of the following (Professional Diploma) or three of the following (Advanced Professional Diploma)
- Mathematics for Software Development
- Object-oriented Programming
- Programming in Java
- Knowledge-based Systems
1. For entry to the programme, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
BA or higher qualification in any area
- or at least 24 years old
- or at least 3 years of work experience in a relevant field
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- ELSA score of at least 340, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 59 or IELTS score of at least 5.5
3. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.