MSc Strategic Human Resource Management
Global Blended Degree in the Digital CampusWhether you are local to Prague or living abroad, our blended degrees are designed to offer maximum flexibility. You experience superior learning in our immersive Digital Campus where active participation in workshops and lectures takes place, along with constant individual mentoring from our professional lecturers. This is supplemented by in-person residential sessions in Prague, allowing you to meet and learn in person with your fellow students and academic team.
The MSc Strategic Human Resource Management programme provides a one year business education designed to give working professionals insight into organisational and employee behaviour, as well as the practical and theoretical skills necessary to develop and advance their careers in HR or make a career move into this field.
For global organisations, creating a culture in which employees can thrive is an essential challenge. Over the course of one year, students will gain valuable knowledge and the confidence to create and implement strategies to ensure vibrant and thriving workplace culture by investigating organisational structures and functions within business, along with assessing strategies and approaches that have been successfully applied to contemporary organisations.
Additionally, the importance of core competencies to meet future workplace demands and increase employee retention is addressed alongside legal, social, ethical and professional necessities. Students will also examine and analyse key employment markets and observe how these changing dynamics affect attraction, recruitment, selection and retention of employees.
The programme offers a highly experiential approach to teaching and learning via a variety of workshops, technical exercises, case studies and assignments that model real-world scenarios that focus on ensuring maximum employability and career advancement for graduates.
A unique aspect of the programme is the chance to recognise and enhance a student's current work place experience by developing a live HR project conceived between the student, their academic advisor and employer, which will formulate part of their Master’s focus. The work based portfolio will also allow students to recognise daily work in their companies into an academic module taking place across the two semesters of study.
This Master’s degree can be completed over three semesters including the dissertation, with evening and weekend classes in the Digital Campus providing the flexibility needed to successfully balance both work and study.
There is also a residential component, either two weekends per semester or one week at the end of each semester for workshops, consultations and activities with fellow students and academic staff from the School of Business.
If you are unable to join us in Prague, for whatever reason, please know that you will be welcome to join future residential blocks, even as a graduate, and can still complete your programme.
- Gain specialist Strategic HR Management skills required to manage people in the workplace
- Develop a deep understanding of organisational structures and workplace culture
- Understand the dynamics of key employment markets and how it affects recruitment and retention
- Develop professional skills in negotiation, teamwork, leadership and management
- Cooperate on international projects during studies
- Engage with our highly regarded industry network partners and guest lecturers.
- Have the opportunity to publish your best work in our CRIS Bulletin, providing invaluable recognition in international business and economics journals.
- Extend your local and international networks and set a career path for contributing to business and society as a whole.
- Enjoy regular seminars, workshops and guest speakers at our Master Speaker series
- Graduate with an internationally-recognised British MSc Strategic Human Resource Management
What you study
Over two semesters you will experience dedicated practical and experiential learning, underpinned by activities that include projects, fieldwork, live projects, business simulations, global and local case studies, ongoing contact with industry, relevant research-based teaching and development of a live HR project relevant to your workplace. The work based portfolio will also allow students to recognise daily work in their companies into an academic module.
During residential seminars, students on this postgraduate programme will have the chance to engage with their lecturers and peers in a dialogue format that is an essential characteristic of advanced higher learning.
Business Research Methods
Global Challenges for management and leadership
Work Based Portfolio (start)
The Global Company: managing organisational and employee behaviour
Human Resource Strategies
Work Based Portfolio (complete)
Applicants need to have work experience and currently be in employment to maximise their educational experience during the programme.
1. Previous education & professional experience
- a British Honours degree, first or second class, or another suitable Bachelors degree in any subject area
- a postgraduate qualification or equivalent, or
- a relevant professional qualification
- a minimum of 2 years full-time relevant working
experience in the management area and currently
employed in such a role.
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 90
- Versant language exam - score equivalent to 6.0 IELTS. This test is administered at Prague College.
- If the applicant has completed a Bachelors programme entirely in English this requirement may not apply
3. Letter of motivation (500 words) describing career and personal motivation.
4. Professional and academic references
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Final Interview