MSc International Management
Get the edge you need to to take your career to the next level. Earn an internationally recognized Master's degree and start a life-long journey towards confidence and success in the fields of strategy, marketing, business finance, entrepreneurship and management.
As a student on the postgraduate International Management programme, you are attracted to the challenge of working in demanding and rapidly changing business and organizational environments. As a successful graduate, you will have developed the intellectual ability for complex analysis, as well as mastered an advanced level of practical and interpersonal skills to meet the high expectations of yourself, your colleagues and the best employers in the world.
Prague College students taking the MSc International Management programme also gain exemptions towards the professional qualification CIMA. A special Master's gateway exam is available in lieu of the majority of the lower-tier exams, so you can fast-track to gaining the prestigious Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation.
Boosting your degree with a professional qualification is a strong career move. You’ll gain new, employable business skills and experience, and you’ll impress potential employers just by adding ‘CIMA student’ to your CV.
The MSc is designed for both working professionals and recent graduates who aspire to advanced qualifications. Evening and weekend classes provide the flexibility you need to successfully balance work and study.
Complete the programme in a 12-month intensive format, or take the standard format which takes two-years. Semesters begin in February and September. You can continue tuition towards CIMA examinations simultaneously or after graduation from the MSc International Management programme.
Opportunity & Inspiration
- Learn with leading academics and business practitioners to get a broad perspective on current leadership and management practice.
- Develop and apply an understanding of business and management to complex issues. Learn to work both systematically and creatively.
- The opportunity to publish best work in our CRIS Bulletin can provide invaluable recognition in international business and economics journals.
- Practical and theoretical issues can be discussed with prestigious and well-known professionals from around the world through our guest lecturers and our highly-regarded Master Speaker Series.
- Enhance your lifelong learning skills, strengthen your self-direction and originality, extend your local and international networks and set a career path for contributing to business and society as a whole.
This degree opens a wide range of senior management opportunities, including positions in large international organisations, the public sector, family businesses and SMEs. Some students use an advanced international management degree to launch new businesses and entrepreneurial careers. Established business owners find the degree can stregthen their strategic thinking to help consolidate their current operations or develop new opportunities and markets.
Our alumni work in a range of industries in the Czech Republic and internationally. Some of our outstanding alumni who have completed this degree include:
What you study
Our dedication to practical and experiential learning is underpinned by activities that include practical projects, fieldwork, live projects, internships, business simulations, global and local case studies, ongoing contact with industry and relevant research-based teaching. Each of the modules on the Master’s degree may provide a selection of these activities, as appropriate to the module and the individual learner.
Alongside seminars and other class activities, students on this postgraduate programme will have a chance to engage with their lecturers and peers in a dialogue format that is an essential characteristic of advanced higher learning.
If studying in intensive format, below is what you study and when. Ask our Admissions Team for details of the standard format schedule.
- Business Research Methods
- Developing Self and Others
- Managing People in Organisations
- Global Business Environment: Culture, Management and the Economy
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Management in an International Context
- Managing Operations & Finance
1. Previous education
- a British Honours degree, first or second class, or another suitable Bachelors degree in any subject area
- a postgraduate qualification or equivalent, or
- a relevant professional qualification
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- Versant language exam - score equivalent to 6.0 IELTS. This test is administered at Prague College.
- If the applicant has completed a Bachelors programme entirely in English this requirement may not apply
3. Letter of motivation (500 words) describing career and personal motivation.
4. Professional and academic references
5. Curriculum Vitae
6. Final Interview