HND Creative Media Production
Students in HND Creative Media Production learn the latest in new media practice, starting with journalism, film, TV, and radio and expanding into multi-platform and convergent journalism. This exciting programme in the heart of Europe works to international media standards and practices, and creates professionals able to analyse and think critically, opening work opportunities in media channels around the world.
As all areas of media continue to expand and converge, the study of media needs to change with it. The need for creative and highly skilled communicators able to work in the emerging media of the future has never been greater. Web-radio, multi-platform and cross-platform media, video games, social media, online newspapers and blogs — if you wish to work in the dynamic and fast-paced new media industries, then this is the programme for you.
This highly intensive and practical two-year programme prepares you not only for a broad range of jobs in media, but also for further study in the final year of the BA (Hons) Communications and Media Studies programme at Prague College.
*Programme validated by Pearson UK
A Practical Education
- Small classes enabling direct contact and guidance from professionals
- Outstanding lecturers and guest speakers offering excellent support
- A modern studio environment with industry resources appropriate for class and subject areas; Mac and PC labs; advanced software; specialist multimedia tools
- Students work on real-life projects, sometimes with real clients
- Vocational programme with hands-on experience, leading to better employment opportunities
- Cooperation with many media organizations, including TV, radio, broadcast, film etc.
- Opportunities for work experience during the programme
- Provides 120 ECTS (240 UK) university credits
Graduates can go on to complete the BA or start an exciting career in a number of media industries. Graduates find employment in traditional and new media industries, including web journalism, photojournalism, video editing, new media agencies, marketing, editing and many other media-related careers.
What you study
Students work on practical projects throughout the programme, including fieldwork, lectures, workshops, seminars, internships, volunteer placements, research, and group projects.
Students have an opportunity to experiment and work in a broad spectrum of media during their studies. Students also have an opportunity to specialize according to their own preferences and needs (print, electronic and online media, audio/visual forms, press, radio, storytelling, photojournalism, film and new media).
- Study & Writing Skills
- Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
- Practical Skills for Journalism
- Radio Studies
- Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
- Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines
- Television Studies
- Convergent Journalism
- Film Studies
- Project Design, Implementation & Evaluation
- Special Subject Investigation for Creative Media Production
- Moving Image Documentary Production
- Career Development for Journalism
- Promotional Video Production
- Audiobooks, Audio Guides and Talking Newspapers
- Producing Multi-platform Radio Programmes
- Work Experience in the Creative Media Sector
1. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
two A-level passes or equivalent
a Prague College Diploma
equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
ELSA score of at least 380, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
TOEFL iBT score of at least 79, IELTS score of 6.0, or FCE (A)
other equivalent English assessment, subject to Prague College approval
If you need to improve your language skills, you can enter one of our Foundation Programmes or our English for Higher Education programme.
3. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
4. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Tuition & Payment
Prague College has two 15-week semesters per year starting late September and mid-February for most programmes. An optional Summer School runs for three weeks in June
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Typically scholarships will cover up to 10%, 20%, 50% or 80% of tuition for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.