Foundation Diploma in Information Technology
This one-year Foundation Diploma in Information Technology is created for students who are strongly motivated to pursue higher education or a career in the field of IT and computing.
Build your computing skills through practical, hands-on projects. Develop employability and soft skills that give you a distinct advantage in the workplace. Prepare for entry to university if you choose.
This programme is open to those who lack the standard entry requirements to university or those who would like to improve their skills and qualifications for either work or future studies.
Students who successfully complete the Foundation Diploma programme may go on directly to the first year of our computing Bachelor’s degree.
- Classes to help you succeed in work and study; a high level of professional business teaching.
- Strong focus on employability and work; practical projects help you gain real experience while studying.
- Programme encompasses an internationally recognized British qualification by Pearson and a diploma awarded by Prague College.
What you studyYou will work in teams, giving presentations, undertaking research, and preparing to enter the university-level programmes at Prague College. In addition to highly valuable work skills that will help you throughout life, you will study computer systems and mathematics, and learn how to run projects.
- Communications and Employability Skills for IT
- Computer Systems
- Mathematics skills for IT Practitioners
- Essential MS Office skills
- Academic Support
- Professional and Academic Writing I and II; or Business and the Economic Environment
- Database Design
- Project Planning with IT
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Academic Support
- Introduction to Marketing
- Professional and Academic Writing I and II; or Business Resources
1. Evidence of completed level of education
2. Confirmation of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- ELSA score of at least 300, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 45
- IELTS score of at least 5.0
- a First Certificate
- other equivalent English assessment, subject to Prague College approval
3. Letter of motivation
The letter of motivation should identify why the student has chosen this particular programme, what are the student’s
goals in life and studies in general, and why the student chose Prague College.
4. Final interview
A formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Tuition & PaymentPlease click here for the latest tuition fees
The Prague College academic year has two semesters starting in late September and mid-February. An intensive summer semester runs in June.
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Successful scholarship winners can have from 5% up to 30% of their tuition covered for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.