Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
This popular one-year foundation programme is an excellent access point for anyone wanting to enter a higher education programme in many areas of art or design.
You have the opportunity to experience using a range of artistic techniques, materials and processes while allowing space for experimentation and the development of practical skills.
You develop critical awareness of the contemporary visual world and the relationship of design and artistic practice to historical, cultural, environmental and social influences.
This programme helps you develop your artistic portfolio to apply for entry to a Bachelor’s degree. You can explore and discover your relationship to the various areas of art and design and graduate with an internationally-recognized British foundation diploma in art & design.
- Opportunity to explore, experience and create art and design.
- Develop skills, learn and practice techniques, while working with advanced design software and materials.
- Modern studios and labs; outstanding lecturers, guest speakers and visiting practitioners; small class sizes; excellent support.
- Finish with a professional portfolio of work.
After successful completion of the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, students may request a portfolio presentation for entry to the Bachelors programme of their choice. Successful candidates will be offered a place in either BA (Hons) Graphic Design or BA (Hons) Fine Art Experimental Media programmes.
This Pearson (Edexcel) Foundation Diploma is a pre-university preparation programme for degrees in art and design. Successful students may take their diploma and portfolios and apply to other universities and in other countries. Some students may also choose to enter a profession after completing the Foundation Diploma.
What you study
- Research, Recording, Responding in Art & Design
- Media Experimentation in Art & Design
- Information & Interpretation in Art & Design
- Personal Experimental Studies in Art & Design
- Preparation & Progression in Art & Design
- Extended Media Development in Art & Design
- Final Major Project in Art & Design
1. Confirmation of previous education, which could be one of the following:
- a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
- equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
- one A-level pass or LCCIEB equivalent
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
2. Confirmation of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 45
- IELTS score of at least 5.0
- a First Certificate (minimum B)
- other equivalent English assessment, subject to Prague College approval
3. Letter of motivation
The letter of motivation should identify why the student has chosen this particular programme, what are student’s goals
in life and studies in general, and why the student chose Prague College.
Students also can submit their current examples of art and design works, which the Programme Leader will review and give them an idea of the student's creative interests.
4. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process
Tuition & Payment
The Prague College academic year has two semesters starting in late September and mid-February. An intensive summer semester runs in June.
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Successful scholarship winners can have from 5% up to 30% of their tuition covered for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.