BA (Hons) International Management (Blended Learning)
Global Blended Degree in the #DigitalCampus
The BA (Hons) International Management blended learning programme is based on a practical and relevant approach to management, marketing, finance and international business.
It has been developed to reflect the need for working professionals who wish to enhance their educational qualifications but who would struggle attending a classic full-time or part-time programme, to be able to gain their degree.
Our Blended programme delivery offers you the best experience of a Prague College education by combining regular studies in our immersive Digital Campus, supplemented by 2 weekend residential sessions per semester in Prague.
Students can enter the Blended Learning programme at three points during the academic year: September, February and June, with two modules being taken in each semester. The programme
can be finished in 8 semesters of study, taking the standard 3-years to complete.
Like all Prague College degrees, the BA (Hons) in International Management is an internationally-recognised British degree awarded by Teesside University (UK).
Students and graduates receive generous exemptions towards the professional qualification CIMA and can continue tuition towards these exams while at Prague College or after graduation. There is also the option to progress to the MSc International Management programme, which is also offered in flexible study modes.
Why take the Blended Learning Programme?
- Flexible learning allows you to develop your existing professional skills and strengths at your own pace.
- Employers really value continuous improvement that comes from lifelong learning.
- Flexible courses can be completed in fewer semesters than a traditional part-time course.
- And you can start at any time of year!
Opportunity and Inspiration
- Build on your maturity and ability to work independently
- Engage directly with many companies and business leaders
- Gain confidence through projects in real-life business contexts
- Learn from lecturers and professionals who bring their experience directly to teaching
- Take a highly practical approach with guidance and supervision from instructors
BA (Hons) International Management graduate | Bulgaria
"The programme was manageable when combined with my workload and was very beneficial for my professional development. I had the chance to test and implement my learning in real business situations. For me, it was an exciting journey, and an opportunity to learn and improve."
What you study
The programme is completed in 8 semesters over three years:
- Issues in the Contemporary Business Environment
- Contemporary Marketing Practices
- Employee Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Business Project Management
- Management Accounting
- Statistics for Business Decision Making
- Business Law and Ethics
- Economics and International Business Strategy
- Digital Marketing and New Technologies
- Global Business Environment
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Undergraduate Business Research Methods
- New Challenges in Business Management
- Global Trade and Business Economics
- Finance and International Financial Markets
- Undergraduate Business Research Project
To be considered for the Blended Learning Programme, a prospective student must be at least 21 years old and be able to fulfil the following criteria:
1. At least two consecutive years’ employment or self-employment
2. At least one reference, generally from an employer or previous academic tutor
3. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
two A-level passes or LCCIEB equivalent
a Prague College Diploma
equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
4. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- Versant language exam - score equivalent to 6.0 IELTS
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- FCE (A)
If you need to improve your language skills, you can take one of our Foundation programmes.
5. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
6. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Computer and basic skills requirements
Equipment - personal laptop with any operating system is enough. Basic overall knowledge of IT is expected, with more in-depth skills in some areas (typically website design, programming, networking, or databases)