BA (Hons) International Management (Blended Learning)
The BA (Hons) International Management blended learning programme is based on a practical and relevant approach to management, marketing, finance and international business.
It has been developed to reflect the need for working professionals who wish to enhance their educational qualifications but who would struggle attending a classic full-time or part-time programme.
The Block Delivery format allows us to offer a 3-year programme delivered through an online Virtual Learning Environment, supported by two in person weekend sessions per semester delivered by the lecturer.
Students can enter the Blended Learning programme at three points during the academic year: September, February and June, with two modules being taken in each semester. The programme
can be finished in 8 semesters of study.
Like all Prague College degrees, the BA (Hons) in International Management is an internationally-recognized British degree awarded by Teesside University (UK)
Why take the Blended Learning Programme?
- Flexible learning allows you to develop your existing professional skills and strengths at your own pace.
- Employers really value continuous improvement that comes from lifelong learning.
- Flexible courses can be completed in fewer semesters than a traditional part-time course.
- And you can start at any time of year!
Opportunity and Inspiration
- Build on your maturity and ability to work independently
- Engage directly with many companies and business leaders
- Gain confidence through projects in real-life business contexts
- Learn from lecturers and professionals who bring their experience directly
- Take a highly practical approach with guidance and supervision from instructors
BA (Hons) Int'l Business Management
"I’m comfortable in this city; it’s an amazing experience.The job situation in Prague is great at the moment, especially if you're multilingual. As a German speaker I have had plenty of offers just in the last couple of months."
What you study
The programme is completed in 8 semesters over three years:
- Issues in the Contemporary Business Environment
- Contemporary Marketing Practices
- Employee Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Business Project Management
- Management Accounting
- Statistics for Business Decision Making
- Business Law and Ethics
- Economics and International Business Strategy
- Digital Marketing and New Technologies
- Global Business Environment
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Undergraduate Business Research Methods
- New Challenges in Business Management
- Global Trade and Business Economics
- Finance and International Financial Markets
- Undergraduate Business Research Project
To be considered for the Blended Learning Programme, a prospective student must be at least 21 years old and be able to fulfil the following criteria:
1. At least two consecutive years’ employment or self-employment
2. At least one reference, generally from an employer or previous academic tutor
3. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
two A-level passes or LCCIEB equivalent
a Prague College Diploma
equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
4. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- Versant language exam - score equivalent to 6.0 IELTS
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- FCE (A)
If you need to improve your language skills, you can take one of our Foundation programmes.
5. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
6. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Computer and basic skills requirements
Equipment - personal laptop with any operating system is enough. Basic overall knowledge of IT is expected, with more in-depth skills in some areas (typically website design, programming, networking, or databases)