BA (Hons) International Finance & Business Accounting (Blended Learning)
The BA (Hons) International Finance and Business Accounting blended learning programme is based on a practical and relevant approach to Accounting, Finance, Business Management and Entrepreneurship.
It has been developed to reflect the need for working professionals who wish to enhance their educational qualifications but who would struggle attending a classic full-time or part-time programme.
The Block Delivery format allows us to offer a 3-year programme delivered through an online Virtual Learning Environment, supported by two weekend sessions per semester delivered by the lecturer.
Students can enter the Blended Learning programme at three points during the academic year: September, February and June, with two modules being taken in each semester. The programme can be finished in 8 semesters of study.
Like all Prague College degrees, the BA (Hons) in International Finance and Business Accounting is an internationally-recognized British degree awarded by Teesside University (UK)
Successful graduates can go on to enter employment in areas of accounting and finance, take professional accountancy qualifications such as ACCA or CIMA with generous exemptions, or progress to the MSc in International Management at Prague College, by joining the ACCA fast-track scheme.
Why take the Blended Learning Programme?
- Flexible learning allows you to develop your existing professional skills and strengths at your own pace.
- Employers really value continuous improvement that comes from lifelong learning.
- Flexible courses can be completed in fewer semesters than a traditional part-time course.
- And you can start at any time of year: autumn, spring or summer!
Opportunity and Inspiration
- Build on your maturity and ability to work independently
- Engage directly with industry partners and business leaders
- Gain confidence from undertaking live business projects
- Learn from lecturers and experienced professionals
- Get more from a highly practical approach and expert supervision
What you study
The programme is completed in 8 semesters across three years
- Issues in the Contemporary Business Environment
- Contemporary Marketing Practices
- Employee Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Business Project Management
- Management Accounting
- Statistics for Business Decision Making
- Business Fin-Tech Systems
- Economics and International Business Strategy
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Undergraduate Research Methods
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Ethical Frameworks and International Corporate Governance
- Finance and International Financial Markets
- Undergraduate Finance & Accounting Project
To be considered for the Blended Learning Programme, a prospective student must be at least 21 years old and be able to fulfil the following criteria:
1. At least two consecutive years’ employment or self-employment
2. At least one reference, generally from an employer or previous academic tutor
3. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
two A-level passes or LCCIEB equivalent
a Prague College Diploma
equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
3. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- ELSA score of at least 380, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- FCE (A)
If you need to improve your language skills, you can take one of our Foundation programmes.
4. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
5. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Computer and basic skills requirements
Equipment - personal laptop with any operating system is enough. Basic overall knowledge of IT is expected, with more in-depth skills in some areas (typically website design, programming, networking, or databases)