BA (Hons) International Finance & Business Accounting (Blended Learning)
Our BA (Hons) International Finance & Business Accounting degree is a 3.5-year Blended Learning programme based on a practical approach to the study of business finance and accounting, with relevant accreditation towards professional ACCA examinations.
This programme provides students with the foundations in business finance and accounting, which, supported by relevant professional qualifications, can lead to global opportunities and career success. The programme has been created especially for professionals with a flexible approach that is more suitable for those in employment and the whole programme can be completed in 3.5 years (9 semesters).
Like all Prague College degrees, the BA (Hons) in Business Finance & Accounting is an internationally-recognized British degree awarded by Teesside University (UK). Students on this programme are also offered generous exemptions from the foundation level exams of the ACCA accountancy qualification.
*From 2016, students can register with the ACCA while completing their BA in International Finance & Business Accounting, get 5 exemptions from The ACCA Foundation Exam papers and get generous financial benefits during their first year of ACCA membership.
Why take the Blended Learning Programme?
- Flexible learning allows you to develop your existing professional skills and strengths at your own pace.
- Employers really value continuous improvement that comes from lifelong learning.
- Flexible courses can be completed in fewer semesters than a traditional part-time course.
- And you can start at any time of year: autumn, spring or summer!
Opportunity and Inspiration
- Build on your maturity and ability to work independently
- Engage directly with industry partners and business leaders
- Gain confidence from undertaking live business projects
- Learn from lecturers and expereinced professionals
- Get more from a highly practical approach and expert supervision
What you study
The programme is completed in 9 semesters using four modes of study:
- Self-Study (SS): Modules under the Self Study Mode are modules that require the learner engaging in a personal development and self study process; academic support is entirely offered by the Moodle platform and study materials and assignment briefs are given at the beginning of the module. These module are coming in a self structured and contained manner and do not require any further support. In case of queries the Programme coordinator is the main reference for the learners.
- Guided Learning (GL): Modules under the Guided Learning Mode are modules that require a certain level of interaction among tutors and learners in a form of shared activities (online time assessment, forum discussions etc.). The amount of activities in any form is of 15 hours per module. Another 5 hours are added for individual feedback online and the module comes in a self structured format and complemented by additional resources provided by the the tutors along the course development.
- Distance Learning (DL): Modules under the Distance Learning Mode are a combination of self study mode and workshops. In particular a weekend session, 12 hrs (divided into two days, weekends) in total scheduled per module, in which tutors and learners engage in a class-based environment and work on the assignments. Study materials are provided through Moodle and complemented by class materials in order to offer a comprehensive view of the subject areas.
- Tutor-Based (TB): Modules under the Tutor Based Mode are modules that offer a close guidance from the tutors and are designed around 20 hours of lectures and tutorings and complemented by study material in Moodle. Typically, sessions are scheduled by the module tutors and in a seminar format learners and tutors engage in a guided learning process to prepare for the final assessments.
- Business and the Business Environment (SS)
- Marketing Essentials (DL)
- Business Law (GL)
- Management Accounting (TB)
- Human Resource Management (SS)
- Organisations and Behaviour (SS)
- Management and Operations (DL)
- Managing a Successful Business Project (TB)
- Financial Accounting (GL)
- Business Ethics (GL)
- Research Project Part 1 (TB)
- Statistics for Management (DL)
- Financial Reporting (GL)
- Business Strategy Parts 1 & 2 (DL)
- Research Project Part 2 (GL)
- Advanced Management Accounting (DL)
- Financial Management (DL)
- Business Economics (DL)
- Business Research Methods
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Ethics, Governance and Accountability
- Business Project
- International Finance
To be considered for the Blended Learning Programme, a prospective student must be at least 21 years old and be able to fulfil the following criteria:
1. At least two consecutive years’ employment or self-employment
2. At least one reference, generally from an employer or previous academic tutor
3. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
two A-level passes or LCCIEB equivalent
a Prague College Diploma
equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
3. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- ELSA score of at least 380, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- FCE (A)
If you need to improve your language skills, you can take one of our Foundation programmes.
4. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
5. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Computer and basic skills requirements
Equipment - personal laptop with any operating system is enough. Basic overall knowledge of IT is expected, with more in-depth skills in some areas (typically website design, programming, networking, or databases)
Tuition & Payment
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Successful scholarship winners can have from 5% up to 30% of their tuition covered for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.