BA (Hons) International Management
New curriculum for the Next Decade
The BA (Hons) International Management programme has been designed to allow students to develop a range of specific business skills and values in order to advance not only their career but also their contribution to wider society. Graduates need to cope with changes in the external business environment, and understand how cultural, legal and institutional differences affect the operation of business.
Students study in a highly practical environment, gaining the experience and skills required by a range of employers. Successful graduates will receive generous exemptions towards the professional qualification CIMA and can continue tuition towards full certification at Prague College, or graduates can go on to enter employment or the MSc in International Management at Prague College.
Features of the Programme
• Three-year internationally-recognized British degree, delivered in English
• Management skills required in the contemporary business world, both locally and internationally
• Professional skills in negotiation, teamwork, leadership and management
• Cooperation with international companies
• Major educational partners Teesside University (University of the Year, UK, 2009/10)
• Opportunity to build a solid academic foundation that will allow students to proceed with postgraduate studies
• Cooperation on international projects even during studies
The programme is assessed via a variety of methods including live practical projects, assignments, examinations, team work, and presentations. However, all assessments are designed to suit the requirements of the module and may also include case studies and technical exercises. Particular emphasis is placed on assignments that model real-world scenarios. Assessments are designed to build on the work you undertake in your modules and contribute to the development of knowledge and skills.
Modes of Study
Students can choose to study full-time, or through blended learning.
Full-time study means completing the programme in three years, and attending the university. For working students, the blended learning programme can be completed in three years, based on a pattern of three semesters per academic year, and involves distance learning.
Students who have completed two or three years in a similar programme are invited to apply directly to the final year of the Bachelor's degree. In particular, students with a good DiS diploma (VOŠ) or related Czech Bachelor's degree are encouraged to apply for entry to the final year of the Bachelor's degree.
This degree is the first step into a wide range of business career opportunities around the world, including positions in large international organisations, the public sector, as well as family businesses and SMEs.
Our students use this degree to launch new businesses and entrepreneurial careers. Graduates also find work in a range of industries in the Czech Republic and internationally. Students may continue with a Master’s degree in International Management at Prague College.
The programme is composed of 'modules' each of which consist of related topics. Modules usually comprise a number of different learning activities. These are generally lectures – 'an oral presentation intended to present information or teach a large group of people about a particular subject' and tutorials – 'intensive, classroom-based tuition to smaller group of students'. Each module has a credit rating which indicates the amount of learning involved. You will be provided with a weekly schedule which denotes the times of lectures and tutorials.
What you study
You will gain the practical and theoretical knowledge preparing you to meet new challenges of the constantly evolving global business environment, enabling you to tackle better the complexity of growing multicultural organizations. There is an increasing demand for well qualified graduates who are able to operate flexibly and with confidence no matter the situation and who have a broad knowledge of a range of organisations and how they operate. This is a Prague College graduate. Below highlights exactly what you will study during the programme:
- Issues in the Contemporary Business Environment
- Contemporary Marketing Practices
- Employee Management
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Business Project Management
- Management Accounting
- Statistics for Business Decision Making
- Business Law and Ethics
- Economics and International Business Strategy
- Digital Marketing and New Technologies
- Global Business Environment
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Undergraduate Business Research Methods
- New Challenges in Business Management
- Global Trade and Business Economics
- Finance and International Financial Markets
- Undergraduate Business Research Project
1. Confirmation of completed high school (secondary school) or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
- a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
- two A-level passes
- a Prague College Foundation Diploma (based on Pearson Level 3 diploma units and Prague College units)
- equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- Versant language exam - score equivalent to 6.0 IELTS
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- FCE (A)
3. A letter of motivation (300 words)
4. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.