BA (Hons) International Business Management
Why do economies collapse? Why does the tech sector attract so much capital and talent? How can I manage my enterprise through complex changes and lead it to global opportunities and success? International Business Management is a study of some of the most important issues of our time.
This programme encourages you to pose questions and find answers. Get a practical and relevant university education in management, marketing, finance and international business. Build your confidence and increase your experience in the key competencies needed for any international career.
The first two years can be studied full-time or part-time. For more flexible options students can study this programme in a blended format, which combines tutoring, some weekend study, self and distance learning classes. The final year is organised entirely around evening and weekend classes to allow for flexibility for both full-time students and part-time working students.
This undergraduate programme includes two great qualifications, an HND Business at the end of the second year and the BA (Hons) International Business Management Bachelor’s degree at the end of the third year.
Opportunity & Inspiration
- A highly practical approach to teaching brings you into direct contact with many companies and business leaders.
- Confidence-building through projects and real-life business contexts.
- Outstanding lecturers and professional guest lecturers bring their experience and influence directly into the classroom.
- A solid theoretical and highly practical approach to teaching provides the best from both the academic world and real-life experience.
- Marketing and management pathways in the first two years help to prepare for a broad range of business, entrepreneurial, state-sector and NGO careers.
- Applicants with previous university education in business or management fields may apply for entry directly into the second or third year.
This degree is the first step into a wide range of management-level career opportunities, including positions in large international organisations, the public sector, as well as family businesses and SMEs. Some students use a management degree to launch new businesses and entrepreneurial careers.
Our graduates work in a range of industries in the Czech Republic and internationally.
Some of our outstanding alumni who have completed this degree include:
BA (Hons) Int'l Business Management
"I decided to study here because I realized it would be a good investment. And it paid off... Prague College is a modern educational institution, always ready to help its students and provide them with practical knowledge."
What you study
Our dedication to practical and experiential learning is underpinned by activities that include practical projects, fieldwork, live projects, internships, business simulations, global and local case studies, ongoing contact with industry and relevant research-based teaching.
Students have an opportunity to focus on marketing or management during year two by choosing the appropriate pathway.
YEAR 1 - HND Business (Management)
- Study and Communication Skills
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Business Law
- Business Ethics
- Management Accounting
- Management and Operations
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Financial Accounting
YEAR 2 - HND Business (Management)
- Research Project Part 1
- Organisational Behaviour
- Statistics for Management
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Business Strategy Part 1
- Research Project Part 2
- Global Business Environment
- Operations and Project Management
- Business Economics
- Business Strategy Part 2
YEAR 3 - BA (Hons) International Business Management
- Business Research Methods
- Critical Perspectives in Leadership and Management
- Global Economics and Business Operations
- Business Project
- International Finance
1. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
- a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
- two A-level passes or LCCIEB equivalent
- a Prague College Diploma
- equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- IELTS score – 6.0 (with no band below 5.5)
- ELSA score of at least 380, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79
- FCE (A)
If you need to improve your language skills, you can take one of our access programmes.
3. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
4. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Tuition & Payment
The Prague College academic year has two semesters starting late September and mid-February. An intensive summer semester runs in June.
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Successful scholarship winners can have from 5% up to 30% of their tuition covered for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.