BA (Hons) Business Finance and Accounting
Accounting and finance expertise is vital to every business and organization; there will always be a great demand for accounting and finance specialists. However, real excellence in this field comes from the ability to interpret and communicate the insights that can be derived from the numbers. This requires a broader understanding of strategy, governance and ethics, alongside the soft skills that allow you to present, persuade and advocate for your ideas and plans.
We introduced this programme in 2014 to offer you the chance to develop the hard skills to be an accounting and finance specialist, while broadening your understanding of business and building the communication skills needed to become excellent in your profession.
The first two years can be studied full-time or part-time. For more flexible options students can study this programme in a blended format, which combines tutoring, some weekend study, self and distance learning classes. The final year is organized entirely around evening and weekend classes to allow for flexibility for both full-time students and part-time working students.
This undergraduate programme includes two great qualifications, an HND Business (Finance) at the end of the second year and a Business Finance and Accounting Bachelor’s degree at the end of the third year.
Opportunity & Inspiration
- A highly practical approach to teaching brings you into direct contact with many companies and business leaders.
- Confidence-building through projects and real-life business contexts.
- Outstanding lecturers and professional guest lecturers bring their experience and influence directly into the classroom.
- A solid theoretical and highly practical approach to teaching provides the best of both academic know-how and real-life experience.
- Applicants with previous university education in business, finance or accounting may apply for entry directly into the second or third year.
This degree is the first step into a wide range of finance and accounting career opportunities around the world, including positions in large international organisations, the public sector, as well as family businesses and SMEs. Some students use an applied accounting and business finance degree to launch new businesses and entrepreneurial careers.
What you study
Our dedication to practical and experiential learning is underpinned by activities that include practical projects, fieldwork, live projects, internships, business simulations, global and local case studies, ongoing contact with industry and relevant research-based teaching.
YEAR ONE (HND)
- Study and Communication Skills
- Marketing Principles
- Business Environment
- Organisations & Behaviour
- Managing Financial Resources & Decisions
- Business Decision Making
- Working with & Leading People
- Personal & Professional Development
- Business Ethics
YEAR TWO (HND)
- Aspects of Contracts & Negligence for Business
- Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Business Strategy
- Research Project
- Management Accounting: Costing & Budgeting
- Human Resource Development
- Business Economics
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Ethics, Governance & Accountability
- International Finance
- Business Research Methods
- Undergraduate Business Project
1. High school or previous college education, which could be one of the following:
- a Czech high school diploma (maturita)
- two A-level passes or LCCIEB equivalent
- a Prague College Diploma
- equivalent education from other countries, assessed individually
Students with experience or equivalent education in some subjects of the programme may be granted advance credit towards the HND after completing the required Assessment of Prior Learning or Experience documentation.
2. Proof of English level upon entry, which could be one of the following:
- ELSA score of at least 380, administered at Prague College or elsewhere in the world
- TOEFL iBT score of at least 79, IELTS score – 6.0 or FCE (A)
If you need to improve your language skills, you can take one of our access programmes.
3. A letter of motivation (300 words) that identifies why you want to study at Prague College and in this particular programme.
4. Final interview – a formal discussion with the applicant and final confirmation of the application process.
Tuition & Payment
The Prague College academic year has two semesters starting late September and mid-February. An intensive summer semester runs in June.
Prague College Scholarships
All applicants are eligible to apply for scholarships which may be awarded in consideration of academic excellence, social engagement in school activities or generally in society, financial need and special circumstances. We also have a special fund to support students coming from Czech-language and Slovak-language secondary schools and universities
Successful scholarship winners can have from 5% up to 30% of their tuition covered for either a single academic year or the duration of the programme.
Apply early. The number of scholarships is limited. Ask us for details!
Czech students are eligible for Gaudeamus student loans from Komercni Banka. Some students from other countries have received funding from their home countries to study at Prague College, and if you think you may be eligible for funding from your home country do not hesitate to ask for our advice and support.
When to pay
A deposit on tuition ensures new students a place on the programme. Full tuition for the first semester is due two weeks before starting the programme, except in the case of late registrations.
International students pay the first semester, relevant registration fees and the first semester rent for accommodation before starting the visa application process.
Continuing students pay the next semester tuition two weeks before the end of the current semester.
Early payment discounts
You can save up to 8% if you pay the academic year in advance. The discount is calculated as 1% per month for each month the individual semester payments are paid early.
New students do not receive a discount on their first semester, but if they choose to pay the first year up front, then they would receive the discount for the second semester.
Students who have finished the first semester, and who make all their payments by the due date, can apply for a payment plan for an administrative fee of 700 Czk per semester plus 1% surcharge for each installment.
Contact us now if you have any question regarding tuition deadlines, early payment discounts or your eligibility for a payment plan.
As of 2016 Students are able to register with the ACCA while completing their BA in Business Finance & Accounting, get 5 exemptions from The ACCA Foundation Exam papers and get generous financial benefits during their first year of ACCA membership.