Prague College welcomes Maricopa Community Colleges
by Alex Went, on 13 February 2014 13:46:41 CET
Prague College hosted Maricopa Community Colleges for a joint faculty development programme on the history and culture of the Czech Republic which included historical tours, visits to various public and private institutions, as well as travel to important destinations in the country.
The programme was combined with briefings and roundtable discussions by:
- Ivo Slosarcik on the Current Status of the Czech Republic within the region and the EU
- Adela Gjuricova on Czechoslovakia Before World War II
- Jirina Siklova on Communism and the Soviet Occupation
- Jiri Pehe on Prague Spring 1968
- Discussion with former dissidents Jan Machacek, Alena Hromadkova, Ivan Havel
- Vaclav Bartuska on the Velvet Revolution
- Marketa Zidkova and Malvina Hladka on Transition Politics and Economics
- Jiri Pehe for the EU–US relations round table discussion
Maricopa Community Colleges are a group of 10 campuses in the Phoenix metropolitan area. With more than 200,000 students, Maricopa Community Colleges is one of the largest, most diverse and most dynamic educational institutions in the USA.