- Prague College Covid-19 Mitigation Policies
- Information for September 2021 applicants regarding Covid-19
- Prague College #DigitalCampus
- Student Equipment and Resource Requirements in the Digital and Hybrid Campuses
With the spread of novel coronavirus known as Covid-19, we want to reassure our community that Prague College will continue to take all measures to ensure the health and safety of students and staff. The College follows all Czech Government requirements and policies to help prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus. We are monitoring the national health websites, as well as the EU and CDC websites for new information constantly.
If you are feeling sick at all and cannot attend classes in person or in the #DigitalCampus, then we need you to register with student services via this link and encourage you to keep in close touch by email and telephone, as we are ready to help you with advice and necessary support. Prague College currently has a policy of excused absence from classes for flu-like symptoms during the pandemic. If you feel that you have flu or Covid-19 like symptoms, have tested positive or have been exposed to known cases then you must not enter the college and must self isolate in your residence for 14 days. We also recommend that you get tested for Covid-19 (see information following).
It is mandatory to wear a mask outside of your home in all places and a respirator mask for all shops, public buildings and when catching public transport.
Students and staff must wear respirator masks at all times in the college. Respirator masks are also required for external visitors in all areas of the college.
For those in student housing, please note that the residences are independent of the college and you are contracted individually to them and must observe their policies and regulations, and follow accordingly.
There are steps that Prague College and the community can take to reduce their risk of getting any viral infections. These include:
- Regular cleaning by staff of high traffic surfaces throughout the day.
- Students and staff encouraged to clean their work/classroom areas using disinfectant and paper towels supplied by the College.
- Windows should be left open, weather permitting, before and after class.
- Wear layered winter clothing to keep you warm indoors and outside, windows will be open more often to encourage fresh circulating air.
- Bring your own water bottles, cups, eating utensils etc. The student lounges and kitchen will be open, but we encourage you to use your own equipment and minimise your time there. There will be no cups, classes or utensils supplied in the kitchen.
- Observe social distancing within common areas between your classes, minimise your time in the student lounges and do not congregate around classroom entrances. Come on time, not early.
- Wash your hands often with soap and disinfectant for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands
- Avoid close contact with others
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze, immediately dispose of the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces with alcohol-based products, dish-washing liquid and soap
If you are required by Czech Government measures to have a Covid-19 test upon your arrival in the Czech Republic, or if you are experiencing symptoms, fortunately testing is widely available across Prague and the rest of the country.
You can find a list of testing centres here:
If you receive a positive result, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be required to provide a negative test result before you are permitted to enter Prague College campus, as per the Czech Government directive.
We regularly email all students with the most up to date measures and steps to take. If you are not sure what applies to you, please check the official Government links on the right or please get in touch with us and we would be happy to talk to you.
Due to current government restrictions the college will deliver teaching online in the Digital Campus. Every semester the college offers a rich programme of workshops, events and exhibitions including the popular Visiting Artists Lecture & Master Speaker series. These activities will still continue in the Digital Campus if restrictions are not lifted for permitting in person events. If in person events are permitted we will minimise large-scale gatherings and take measures to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff.
For students requiring psychological support, we recommend our partner The City Practice. All of City Practice’s counsellors are set up to provide telephone and video based counselling support, and any students they are currently working with will continue to have that support provided to them on a regular basis. They also have the capacity to welcome new students, and in various languages.
Czech national emergency number for all health emergencies -
112 (English) or 155
In all other cases that are not an immediate health emergency, but for which you need advice or support, please call Ry, Filip or Nelli at Student Services:
Student Services Telephones and Email
Main reception phone: +420 222 101 020
Nelli Pontes - Head of Student Services - SOMIT Study Advisor
Phone: +420 222 101 033
Filip Rosenkranc - SOAD Study Advisor
Phone: +420 222 101 021
Ry Hallada - SOB Study Advisor
Phone: +420 222 101 034
GOVERNMENT WEBSITES & CONTACT NUMBERS FOR COVID-19 RELATED QUESTIONS:
Prague Health Office - Pražská hygienická stanice
every day 9am - 8pm: +420 773 782 856, +420 773 782 850
State Health Institute - Státní zdravotní ústav
nonstop - +420 724 810 106, +420 725 191 367
Czech Ministry of Health (information in Czech & English)
Czech Ministry of Interior (for information about arrival to Czech Republic)
FURTHER INFORMATION - ENGLISH: