Prague College is committed to building an excellent university experience through careful attention to:
- what students learn, including excellence and innovation of subject matter
- how students are taught, including excellence of methods, assessment and feedback
- where students learn, including excellence of environment and facilities
- Creativity: our students are curious, inquisitive, and questioning; they like to learn by experience, by doing, by convergent and lateral thinking, and by analytical process leading to greater insight.
- Competence: our students are confident, practical, ready to acquire relevant soft and hard skills; they show themselves to be capable of the task at hand, to learn and to adapt.
- Innovation: our students enjoy discovery, play, experimentation, research; they look for enjoyment and inspiration, they engage in entrepreneurial activity and have ambitious aims & outcomes.
- Connectedness: our students are open, inclusive, diverse and understanding, supporting cross-cultural communities and society; and they are generous, empathetic, and sensitive to global and local views.
These educational values are the indicators through which excellence in education can be measured. They serve as a framework for measuring both the quality of education being provided (process), as well as for measuring ongoing student success after graduation (outputs).
They are the shared educational values that guide faculty and students at Prague College, helping to define not only the character of each programme, but also our learning processes, and the characteristics of our graduates.
Our mission is to provide outstanding opportunities both during studies and after graduation, based on our educational values and our approach to delivering an excellent educational experience.
- We offer a highly experiential approach to education and focus on ensuring the employability of our graduates.
- We are an interdisciplinary institution with both national and international engagement.
- We value teaching and learning linked to research activities that provide immediate relevance and experience for our students and lecturers.
- We are committed to supporting activities that help develop both local and international communities.
- We foster a diverse and dynamic learning environment that encourages innovation and helps spark the courage to pursue dreams.
- We are respectful of our role and responsibility as an institution of higher learning with a goal of being a regional centre of excellence and a university with global reach.
- To be a leading regional university with global appeal, drawing faculty and students from around the world.
- To deliver excellence in education that is clearly defined and measured against educational values that are shared across the programmes, students, faculty members, employees, graduates and the wider community of the university.